Who we are
Tafari Capital was founded by 23 members, who are Black professionals and entrepreneurs with varying skills and experience in the private sector as well as the public sector in South Africa. The founding members have had successful careers in legal, medical, technology, financial, mining, engineering, construction, energy, education, media, advertising and accounting sectors of the economy and were brought together by the by the realisation that African people need to reinforce themselves, empower each other and create their own wealth.
Develop and grow African capital.
Provide access to financial inclusion, market access and economic opportunities to underserved communities.
- We win together
- Committed to good governance
- Accountable, open and transparent
- We value integrity and honesty
- We are committed to exploring new solutions
- Understand clients – African people
- African capital revolves around African people
- Africans have direct shareholding of the entity that empowers them
- A real African bank, by Africans for Africans
1st Floor Fortune Kunene House
261 Oxford Road, Illovo